a. Data Controller
Pursuant to Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”); your personal data shall be processed by Izmir University of Economics (“University”) as the data controller explained below in detail.
b. The Purpose of Processing of Personal Data by the Career Guidance Center
Izmir University of Economics Career Guidance Center processes personal data in following services and practices (https://kariyer.ieu.edu.tr/tr):
Internships: The internship insurance procedures of students are handled by the Career Guidance Center. Students’ mobile phone numbers, ID numbers, student numbers, the faculty/school – department/program they are enrolled at, internship dates, the name of the company and the department where the internship is performed are processed.
Career Days: Companies participating in the Career Days event organized for students and graduates fill out forms and submit their requests. Corporate names of companies, name-last name, duty, and phone number/e-mail address of persons in charge, area of activity/sector, and web address of the company are processed. Necessary approvals regarding sharing of personal data on the University website or social media are obtained.
CV Preparation: For CV preparation sessions, students and graduates make appointments. Personal data such as job and education background, mobile phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of these students and graduates are processed.
Alumni Information System-Company Panel: The system is established to allow graduates to update personal info, improve the relations between the University and graduates, keep the alumni information updated, and to review the job openings posted by the approved companies. Companies enter this system and their names, e-mail addresses, contact info, including city/country information are processed in the system.
Mentorship Project: Senior students, who are willing, are paired with expert alumni as part of the Mentorship Project. Freshmen are paired with seniors. Students’ name-last name, department, grade, mobile phone number, e-mail address, and the sector interested in working at are processed.
c. Transfer of Personal Data
The personal data of students and graduates, processed within the framework of programs and services mentioned above, and presented on https://kariyer.ieu.edu.tr/tr webpage, are shared with:
- Graduates-students paired as part of the Mentorship Project,
- Directorate of Corporate Communication-Career Guidance Center,
- Directorate of Information Technologies, in charge of setting up and developing the system.
d. The Method and Legal Cause of Collection of Personal Data
Your personal data shall be collected by getting in touch via https://kariyer.ieu.edu.tr/tr webpage or by phone. The collected personal data is processed in regard to legal causes stated below:
- in accordance with the procedures and principles set forth by laws (Law on Higher Education),
- the scope and extent the relevant information is revealed to the public by you;
- the institution, usage, or protection of a right, and
- legitimate interest of the University.
e. Rights of Data Subject as Indicated in Article 11 of Law No. 6698
Everyone, in connection with herself/himself, has the right to;
- Learn whether or not her/his personal data have been processed,
- Request information as to processing if her/his data have been processed,
- Learn the purpose of processing of the personal data and whether data are used in accordance with their purpose,
- Know the third parties in the country or abroad to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Request rectification in case personal data are processed incompletely or inaccurately, and request notification of the operations made to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Request deletion or destruction of personal data that is processed in accordance with this Law or relevant other laws in case the reasons necessitating their processing cease to exist, and request notification of the operations made to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to occurrence of any result that is to her/his detriment by means of analysis of personal data exclusively through automated systems,
- Request compensation for the damages in case the person incurs damages due to unlawful processing of personal data.
You can submit applications regarding your rights stated above, to the University from the “Contact Info” section at https://kariyer.ieu.edu.tr/tr address. Your applications will be finalized free of charge at the earliest day possible or within thirty days latest, depending on the nature of your request.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
LEADING NAME IN SPORTS AS WELL
Athletes of Izmir University of Economics came back with medals. While IUE Women’s Tennis Team won the championship cup, IUE Men’s Tennis
OPENING A SECOND SCHOOL IN IZMIR
Actress Asuman Dabak asked students of Izmir University of Economics to find her a location in Izmir. She said, “Find me a
HAVING SELF-CONFIDENCE BRINGS SUCCESS
The experts emphasize that as the time shortens for “Transition to Higher Education Examination” (YGS), the first step to become a university
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AMBASSADOR OF IZMIR FROM IUE
Beyza Güler, Junior Student of Faculty of Business, Izmir University of Economics, has been selected by the Entrepreneurship Foundation to popularise entrepreneurship
ART BEGINS AT THE KITCHEN
Kitchens are being turned into art studios. Kemal Demirasal, Graduate of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) and Enterprising Chef of Alancha Restaurant
STUDENTS WILL DESIGN THEIR OWN GAMES
The youth will create their computer games with the help of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) Software Engineering Computer Games Option Program.
THEY BEGIN THEIR CAREER WHILE THEY ARE STILL STUDENTS
Students of Izmir University of Economics started to shape their careers even before they graduate. Human Resources managers of companies and students