Information About Internship
Everybody is after getting accepted at a good company to do internship. They are working hard to write an effective resume, and get interviews. But, why? Why should you do an internship instead of going on a holiday? Is doing an Internship really all that important?
Internships are a proven way to gain relevant knowledge, skills, and experience while establishing important connections in the field. Internships are also a way to get your feet wet and find out if a specific field is something you could see yourself doing as a full-time job. By doing a great job and completing more than what is required of you in your internship, you will be creating a great impression that can provide a great reference letter at the least and may even potentially lead to a potential job offer.
- See internship as an opportunity to improve yourself, take it seriously, and be willing to take responsibility.
- Choose your field of internship carefully. Identify your interests, strengths, and your desires first. If possible, do internship at different departments in order to get a clear understanding of your abilities.
- Act professionally and respectfully. Address your supervisor or manager as “Mr.” or “Mrs.” unless asked otherwise.
- Make sure you leave your internship with new skills; get as much information as possible about the sector, how things are handled by the company, workload of different departments, corporate culture, etc.
- Try to make a lasting impression on the employer and the employees, leave with tangible accomplishments.
- Be a good observant. Pay close attention to how others speak on the phone, communicate with each other.
- Take the opportunity to talk to employees doing your dream job, benefit from their experiences.
- Build professional relationships with your supervisor(s) and other managers in the organization and keep in touch with them.
- Make your supervisor, manager, and HR understand you want to work for them, and Show off your skills and knowledge.
- Take advantage of job and career fairs to scout possible internship opportunities. This will give you a chance to know future companies and understand your career goals.
- Keep in touch with key coworkers from your internship.
- Do not wait for the last minute to apply for internship. Some companies accept applications like in January-February for summer internship.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
LEADING NAME IN SPORTS AS WELL
Athletes of Izmir University of Economics came back with medals. While IUE Women’s Tennis Team won the championship cup, IUE Men’s Tennis
OPENING A SECOND SCHOOL IN IZMIR
Actress Asuman Dabak asked students of Izmir University of Economics to find her a location in Izmir. She said, “Find me a
HAVING SELF-CONFIDENCE BRINGS SUCCESS
The experts emphasize that as the time shortens for “Transition to Higher Education Examination” (YGS), the first step to become a university
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AMBASSADOR OF IZMIR FROM IUE
Beyza Güler, Junior Student of Faculty of Business, Izmir University of Economics, has been selected by the Entrepreneurship Foundation to popularise entrepreneurship
ART BEGINS AT THE KITCHEN
Kitchens are being turned into art studios. Kemal Demirasal, Graduate of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) and Enterprising Chef of Alancha Restaurant
STUDENTS WILL DESIGN THEIR OWN GAMES
The youth will create their computer games with the help of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) Software Engineering Computer Games Option Program.
THEY BEGIN THEIR CAREER WHILE THEY ARE STILL STUDENTS
Students of Izmir University of Economics started to shape their careers even before they graduate. Human Resources managers of companies and students