University Mentorship Project
Mentorship system, being used by leading universities worldwide, is co-coordinated by IUE Alumni Relations Office and IUE Career Guidance Center.
Purpose of the Project:
The Project, allows students to plan for the path they need to follow to accomplish their goals by receiving guidance from volunteering upper grade students on many subjects such as information about departments/programs; receiving support for their skills and talents; getting help with identifying their careers, gaining experience in social, cultural, academic, and professional areas.
Mentorship Project aims to train youth preparing for future with more awareness.
Mentor Profile (3rd or 4th year students)
- Mentor needs to have leadership skills, have good command of Izmir University of Economics values and eager to relay them, have good people skills, be good at crisis management, and be creative, positive, and energetic.
- Mentor needs to provide support on different subjects. First of all, a mentor will inform the students about new approaches and share own experiences. Mentor will also build a friendship with the student and support them.
Who Can Become a Mentor?
- Mentors need to be 3rd or 4th year students.
- They need to be actively involved in University’s social activities.
- They need to have good command of university life, life in Izmir, communication, and socialization.
What is Expected of Mentors?
- Listening to the needs and expectations of students
- Helping them adapt to university life
- Helping mentees coming from outside of Izmir adapt to life in the city,
- Participating in activities to get to know each other
- Encouraging them to get socialized
Who Can Become a Mentee?
Students, who enrolled to Izmir University of Economics recently, are all prospective Mentees.
What is Expected of Mentees?
- Expressing their needs and expectations clearly
- Being open to criticisms
- Comprehending the significance of the program