University Mentorship Project
Mentorship system, being used by leading universities worldwide, is co-coordinated by IUE Alumni Relations Office and IUE Career Guidance Center.
The Goal of the Project:
The Mentorship Project that we have been carrying out in our university since 2015 aims to accelerate the adaptation process of students, who are enrolled in our university this year and to help them strengthen themselves socially. The Mentors, whom are selected among the third- and fourth-year students, introduce new students to their departments, provide information about the opportunities on campus and enable them to be active by participating in activities through social clubs.
In the transition from university life, that you easily adapt with the Mentorship Project, which is the first step of the Master-Apprentice Project, to professional business life, with the experience of our masters, consisting of our graduates, that you will be matched with the Master Apprentice Project, you can build a strong future by blending your own talents, climb the career steps of your dreams in the light of this experience and start your business life one step ahead.
Mentor Profile (3rd or 4th year students)
- Mentor needs to have leadership skills, have good command of Izmir University of Economics values and eager to relay them, have good people skills, be good at crisis management, and be creative, positive, and energetic.
- Mentor needs to provide support on different subjects. First of all, a mentor will inform the students about new approaches and share own experiences. Mentor will also build a friendship with the student and support them.
Who Can Become a Mentor?
- Mentors need to be 3rd or 4th year students.
- They need to be actively involved in University’s social activities.
- They need to have good command of university life, life in Izmir, communication, and socialization.
What is Expected of Mentors?
- Listening to the needs and expectations of students
- Helping them adapt to university life
- Helping mentees coming from outside of Izmir adapt to life in the city,
- Encouraging them to get socialized
Who Can Become a Mentee?
Students, who enrolled to Izmir University of Economics recently, are all prospective Mentees.
What is Expected of Mentees?
- Expressing their needs and expectations clearly
- Being open to criticisms
- Comprehending the significance of the program
Benefits of Becoming a University Mentor
- Mentorship is a powerful personal development and empowerment tool.
- It will improve responsibility and leadership traits.
- Today, in many workplaces, the most concrete example to leadership and responsibility is being a successful Mentor.
- Participate in “Mentorship Trainings.”
- It will increase familiarity among students and allows students to make useful networking connections.
- Successful Mentors will be issued certificates at the end of academic year based on evaluations.
Benefits of Becoming a University Mentee
- This program supports personal development of Mentee and Mentor mutually and steers this development.
- Mentees will be able to shape their education life better, and find a professional support for their projects and research quests.
- It will accelerate adapting to university life.
- This program will allow mentees to learn and assimilate mentor’s professional experiences.
- This will all result in enrichment of individual’s potential, and increase in self-confidence and qualities.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
LEADING NAME IN SPORTS AS WELL
Athletes of Izmir University of Economics came back with medals. While IUE Women’s Tennis Team won the championship cup, IUE Men’s Tennis
OPENING A SECOND SCHOOL IN IZMIR
Actress Asuman Dabak asked students of Izmir University of Economics to find her a location in Izmir. She said, “Find me a
HAVING SELF-CONFIDENCE BRINGS SUCCESS
The experts emphasize that as the time shortens for “Transition to Higher Education Examination” (YGS), the first step to become a university
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AMBASSADOR OF IZMIR FROM IUE
Beyza Güler, Junior Student of Faculty of Business, Izmir University of Economics, has been selected by the Entrepreneurship Foundation to popularise entrepreneurship
ART BEGINS AT THE KITCHEN
Kitchens are being turned into art studios. Kemal Demirasal, Graduate of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) and Enterprising Chef of Alancha Restaurant
STUDENTS WILL DESIGN THEIR OWN GAMES
The youth will create their computer games with the help of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) Software Engineering Computer Games Option Program.
THEY BEGIN THEIR CAREER WHILE THEY ARE STILL STUDENTS
Students of Izmir University of Economics started to shape their careers even before they graduate. Human Resources managers of companies and students