How to Write a Cover Letter?
What is a Cover Letter: A cover letter is a way of introducing yourself to potential employers and expressing your knowledge and skills, and expectations for the desired positions.
A Cover Letter Helps You:
- Highlight your career goals.
- Reveal how effectively you can communicate.
- Explain your suitability for the desired position(s).
Writing a Successful Cover Letter:
- Match your skills and experiences with the skills and experiences required by the job and the needs of the employer.
- Don't cut and paste your resume into your cover letter. Try to re-word the information on your resume rather than just repeating it.
- Be as specific as you can about your skills, qualities, and strengths, and how they match the job.
- A cover letter shouldn't be more than one page.
- Argue why you’d be a good fit for the job.
- Use paragraphs and keep them short and precise. Avoid contradicting information.
- Your cover letter is not your autobiography. State who you are, why you're suited to the job, how you heard about the job, why you want to work at that job, how your skills and qualities match the job or organization’s needs, why they should hire you. It should clearly state the connection between past experiences and the requirements of the position.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
LEADING NAME IN SPORTS AS WELL
Athletes of Izmir University of Economics came back with medals. While IUE Women’s Tennis Team won the championship cup, IUE Men’s Tennis
OPENING A SECOND SCHOOL IN IZMIR
Actress Asuman Dabak asked students of Izmir University of Economics to find her a location in Izmir. She said, “Find me a
HAVING SELF-CONFIDENCE BRINGS SUCCESS
The experts emphasize that as the time shortens for “Transition to Higher Education Examination” (YGS), the first step to become a university
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AMBASSADOR OF IZMIR FROM IUE
Beyza Güler, Junior Student of Faculty of Business, Izmir University of Economics, has been selected by the Entrepreneurship Foundation to popularise entrepreneurship
ART BEGINS AT THE KITCHEN
Kitchens are being turned into art studios. Kemal Demirasal, Graduate of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) and Enterprising Chef of Alancha Restaurant
STUDENTS WILL DESIGN THEIR OWN GAMES
The youth will create their computer games with the help of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) Software Engineering Computer Games Option Program.
THEY BEGIN THEIR CAREER WHILE THEY ARE STILL STUDENTS
Students of Izmir University of Economics started to shape their careers even before they graduate. Human Resources managers of companies and students