How to Write a Cover Letter?
What is a Cover Letter: A cover letter is a way of introducing yourself to potential employers and expressing your knowledge and skills, and expectations for the desired positions.
A Cover Letter Helps You:
- Highlight your career goals.
- Reveal how effectively you can communicate.
- Explain your suitability for the desired position(s).
Writing a Successful Cover Letter:
- Match your skills and experiences with the skills and experiences required by the job and the needs of the employer.
- Don't cut and paste your resume into your cover letter. Try to re-word the information on your resume rather than just repeating it.
- Be as specific as you can about your skills, qualities, and strengths, and how they match the job.
- A cover letter shouldn't be more than one page.
- Argue why you’d be a good fit for the job.
- Use paragraphs and keep them short and precise. Avoid contradicting information.
- Your cover letter is not your autobiography. State who you are, why you're suited to the job, how you heard about the job, why you want to work at that job, how your skills and qualities match the job or organization’s needs, why they should hire you. It should clearly state the connection between past experiences and the requirements of the position.